Friday, October 3, 2008

So Naughty

I am so bad. I haven't really updated here in a while and I have had lots to post, but I just can't seem to get it together. I have forgotten now to update any books or calendars with cute info about my boys, and this blog was supposed to replace that and I can't seem to manage to get the cute stories that happen on a daily basis typed here. I am going to be more conscientious about that in the future...I think. I have several busy weeks coming up with atleast 3 photo shoots booked this month already. Yay for fall weather. We also have to make atleast on trip to the pumpkin patch as well.

Last Friday, we went to Mountain Fork Farm. It was awesome. I have had a problem with uploading the pictures to photobucket, so I will have to post them later, but needless to say the boys had one of the best times of their lives. They got to see cows, horses, turkeys, chicks, pigs, chickens...and collect their eggs in the hen house. They chased a calf, ran a muck, road in a mule and just got to be boys.

I can't believe how grown up they are getting. Truman still follows me around saying "mama" constantly, but now he calls all women mama and all males 'dada', even Walker. I find it strange, though, that he can identify Diego and Dora and call them both by name, and he only saw Dora for the first time 2 days ago. He loves to say "duck, quack, quack" and talk to the dogs. He is getting to be so independent and hates to hold my hand. He wants to do everything his big brother does. He seems to be an all day grazer. This child can put away some food. He weighs almost 25 lbs and is getting to be so tall. I hate that he is not going to be able to wear some of Walker's cute outfits that he wore at this age. He likes to close doors, but has no idea how to open them. He shuts himself in his room multiple times a day. He is about to cut teeth #s 15 and 16. The other day he went back to play in the back of the house while we were in the den. He came running out so fast and said repeatedly, "uh oh" I followed him back to Walker's room. He had turn his fan on and it was load and didn't know how to turn it off. He is also our little prayer. As soon as my bottom hits the chair at the table, he puts his hands together and says, "God", that is my cue to start the prayer and he is always quite pleased with himself while he eats and we say the blessing. He is constantly bringing me books to read to him, too.
Last weekend we went to Birmingham to the Botanical Gardens. Here are a few pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Walker amuses us everyday, he can also be quite exasperating. He is obsessed with going to toy stores and getting toys. He is fine with not getting one and never pitches a fit, but if you ask him where he wants to go, he almost always answers the toy store. He has become very polite to us lately. He is sick this week and yesterday I asked him if he wanted his medicine and he said, "No Thanks". When he saw it was Tylenol, he willing took it. Last week we went to see my aunt at the office. Walker was talking about needing a toy and I told him we weren't going to the toy store. Well, Big B got in the money drawer and gave them each 2 dollars to go to the dollar store. Well, we got back in the car and I didn't really want to drive back across town, I suggested we go down the street to the library and that we could go to the dollar store in the morning. Walker's response was to tell me that we "have plenty of books at home, mom". Well, he told me. Off to the dollar store we went and he got a new sword and bow and arrow set. We headed back across town to go to church and I told him that he couldn't bring his toys in. He told me to drive slower...so he could have longer to play before we got there. He is a tricky little dude.

Here are some shots of him from the garden.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: