Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oh what a weekend

Around 5 Saturday morning I was awoken to cries. I groggily went to Walker's room where he informed me "Walker threw up". He thankfully didn't have any one him so I took him to Carter while I took his sheets off his bed. The problem was that his other sheets were downstairs being washed so he had no sheets. Into our bed until morning. It actually worked out great b/c Carter had to get up and be at a basketball practice at 7:30, and both boys slept in until after 8.

Carter got home at 10:30 and took Walker to the bank and to pick up some lunch while I fed Truman. We watched the Alabama game (I don't even want to talk about it) and the boys rested. After the game my dad came over and was helping Carter put up a fence in the backyard. Walker helped, too. Around 7 or so Walker and I went to pick up Taco Bell and ate while we watched some tv. I ran to the grocery and Truman screamed at his daddy until I got home to hold him. Talk about spoiled, that baby is quite particular. We got Walker ready for bed and I put Truman down.

As we were reading a book to Walker I noticed that his breathing got kind of funny. I asked him if he was ok and the next thing I knew, he was heaving all of his soft taco back up. He emptied his stomach. This was new territory for us, while Walker throws up often, it is usually during a coughing fit or when he chokes on snot. This had no warning. I picked him up and tossed him into the tub. Carter cleaned up the carpet. Walker ran around the house a bit and then it was back to bed. He got up several times in the night calling for me and I went into his room. He seemed fine.

Around 6:15 this morning he came into our room and said his tummy hurt. This was a first. He generally doesn't complain. I took him to the bathroom and asked him if it was that he needed to throw up, he was hungry, or it just hurt. He said he was hungry. I got him some milk and animal crackers and took him back into our bed and turned on cartoons. At 7, Truman woke up so Walker and I got up with him. Walker made it to the end of the hall, stopped and threw up all the animal crackers and milk. He went into the kitchen and got some more to eat and drink. He threw that up as well...poor Carter had to clean all this as I had Truman. Walker seems to feel fine. He is outside with Carter and has thrown up again and he pooped in his pants (kind of loose)(Cause I know you all wanted to know). Truman is still napping and I am just waiting patiently. I am sure I will be called in to clean some bodily function soon.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Yuck!! Grayson and EC had the stomach bug right before we went to Mexico and it was not fun at all!! I've learned not to give Grayson milk within 24 hours of him throwing up b/c it inevitably comes back up a little later. Hope he feels better soon!