Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What I have been up to.

I have been meaning to post all week, but life kept getting in the way. It really is not excuse, but I have felt really busy the last several days.

Carter and I had a talk last Wednesday night after I called him and told him that I was going to sell Walker and that he better come home. Walker had an eventful Wednesday while we were at the doctor's office checking to see if his ears were getting any better (they did) and he did things like climb into the sink with the water running and his shoes off while I was trying to change his screamy squirmy brother. Big B kept him Wednesday afternoon while I was at work and he did things like hitting the dog and his brother and just being generally disobedient and so that night, after trying unsuccessfully to sell him to some old people Carter and I decided that things had to change for him. We are trying to give him more attention and it seems to be working and I haven't had to even attempt to sell him for 5 days now.

Truman turned 8 months old on Thursday. I can't believe my little baby is that old. He has really changed in the last few weeks. He looks older. He has 4 teeth now. He is almost 22 lbs and 30 inches. He is above the 97th %ile in length. What can I say, we small people have big babies. He isn't crawling yet, but he is rolling over from his front to his back. He refuses the other way still even though he can do it.

Walker got sick on Sunday. He had awful post nasal drip and it caused him to throw up twice. We were prepared, though and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Truman's nose it running now and he is a bit whiny. I hope he doesn't get too sick.

We had big news here today. Walker got all the way dressed all by himself. He put on underwear (backwards) , jeans, a polo shirt and his crocs all by his little lonesome. I was so impressed. Then, in even bigger news...HE POOPED ON THE POTTY!!! He did it at school and he even told his teacher he had to go. He really wants a pitching machine and we told him if he gets all the way potty trained that we would get him one. He is really excited and I have played up the fact that he is a big boy all day.

In April Fool's News, my husband is a big IDIOT and mean spirited moron. He had to run out this morning before I took Walker to school. He took Truman with him. He called me as I was dropping Walker off in his classroom and told me that he had been in a wreck. I asked if everything was okay and he said the Car looked pretty bad. I had to call him back as Walker was having a hard time with me leaving. I told his teachers what happened and left screaming Walker to go and talk to Carter. When I got back in touch with him I asked him what happened. He said nothing and April Fools. Well you can imagine how happy I was that it wasn't true and how mad at my dear husband I was. I told him so and hung up. I made it to my car and cried. I called him back and let him have it and told him how that wasn't even remotely funny and that he should be ashamed.

I hope you all have had a good week and I hope you all have nice husbands who don't play mean cruel tricks on you like mine did.

1 comment:

lindseykennedy said...

Hey Michelle,
I actually LOVE Walker and Truman's names. You did a good job. We really do need to talk about this b/c I could go on for hours. Its too risky over the blog though b/c people can get offended if you dont like their names.