Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh, the eggy goodness that now rests in my belly!!!

Yesterday I went to work and found that Galen (master cook extraordinare) had made a little dish called the German Pancake. I tried it and as soon as she finished with her patient I asked her how to make it (praying the whole time it would be super simple). She told me it was and gave me the recipe. I made it this morning. Oh, the ecstasy that I have enjoyed. Save for the pieces that Carter and Walker have had, I have had the entire recipe. OH MY TASTYNESS I might bathe in it, well, not really but I sure did like it and might have to slap my mama when I see her it was so good. I will post the recipe and if you don't mind eggyness (cause some people do), whip this one up and serve the family.

So here goes.

Preheat oven to 400.
In a 9x13 glass casserole put a stick of butter (I used unsalted, Galen uses Salted. I just added a bit of salt to my batter (about 1 teaspoon)
Put it in the oven whilst it preheats.

In a blender put
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
6 (yes you read that right) eggs
pinch of salt (optional) but I like some salt in it since I didn't use the salted butter, it is up to you.
BLEND

When the oven is preheated blend another quick time to make sure the contents haven't separated and pour into your casserole.

Bake 20 minutes.

Remove and sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately.

Ok, so when I made mine some of the butter had pooled on the top when it was done. I just patted it off with some paper towels, but I am sure it wouldn't hurt you if you didn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm...that is like one giant sweet popover!

Unknown said...

That sounds great!! And the eggs...just protein! :-)

Margaret said...

OMG, I made it this morning and it's delish!!! YUM YUM YUM!!! Mine looked really funny, though---the sides rose way yp out of the casserole dish and looked like a huge rectangular bowl. Still tasted great, though! :)