Thursday, January 3, 2008

Suffocation Warning to all who might read

Tonight I was nursing Truman and Walker was having a drink out of a clear plastic cup. It was disposable, smaller than a solo, but not that much, and he had finished his drink. He placed the cup over his mouth and nose and sucked in. It stuck. I watched as he started to realize he couldn't breathe and he almost panicked, but he got the cup off. I was going to give him a few more seconds to get it off himself before I stepped in. I would have never thought he could suffocate in a cup. He sure was scared. He didn't cry, but he did say that it scared him. I am glad it did so maybe he won't do something like that again. Just thought I would let you know. I would have never thought.

Pass this warning on to all with little kids. If I had not been in the room who knows what could have happened.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That would be scary! So glad everything is okay!

Anonymous said...

Yike...Mimi is VERY GLAD she found out after the fact!!