Sunday, February 10, 2008

The word I have been dreading... :-)

WHY????

Walker uttered this word for the first time this week. I can't believe it hasn't happened before this, but I guess I am happy that I got to be free for this long. He really likes to ask this question now. I have remained strong, but I know it is only a matter of time before the words, "because I said so, that's why" are uttered from my mouth.

In other news, we have been sick. By we, I mean Walker and myself. I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat, and fought all morning to convince myself that I wasn't getting sick. By lunch, I was fading fast and dragging. Walker had been complaining all week that his eye was hurting. It didn't look like pink eye and Carter said it was probably because he had been rubbing them. I drug around all day and Walker refused to take a nap. By 7 Thursday night both boys were sleeping and I was the walking dead. Walker proceeded to get up in the middle of the night and refuse to go to sleep for 2 hours. Luckily, my wonderful husband knew that I was not feeling great and was up with him. We finally got back to sleep and Truman got up at 3:3o because he thought it would be fun to join in the party. I got him back down and got to sleep until 6:30 when Walker came back into our room. Bless Carter, he took him away and I got to sleep until almost 9.

Friday was tiring for me, but I was feeling ok. Walker seemed to be fine, but his eyes still looked red and pink. He had a really swollen lymph node on his neck and Aunt Erynn suspected he might be getting sick. Sure enough, right after lunch he started running a fever. He took a nap and I played with Truman (who decided that playing with mommy was much more fun than napping) and while we played I accidentally let him fall on his face. He got a bloody nose and as I was talking to Carter about what I should do about it (nothing), Walker got up and was even more feverish that before. We called the doctor and the nurse said we should bring him in on Sat. morning as our doctor was leaving early to take his daughter to a dance.

Walker seemed better by bedtime on Friday and woke up happy Saturday morning. He didn't have a fever and was running around. Carter said we should keep his appointment anyway to check his eyes and make sure he was good. Well, Aunt Erynn was right, he has an ear infection. Apparently his eyes hurt and not his ears (the doctor said this can happen). He ran another fever Saturday afternoon, but we gave him motrin and went on to some friend's house. A wonderful time was had by all.

Carter played in a soccer tournament this weekend and they won their division (over 30) and I am still nursing my nasty cold. Tonight we went to a Chinese New Year party and I ate my body weight in scallops, crab legs and shrimp. My dad watched the boys...I mean slept in the floor and we had a great time. Here are some pictures from this weekend.

Walker swinging before the sickness
Photobucket
Truman enjoying a beautiful day
Photobucket
Nora going after the ball
Photobucket
Walker was quite excited that the army helicopters flew over the house many times on Friday
Photobucket
I just like this one
Photobucket
Walker at the soccer tourney
Photobucket
Photobucket
Truman at the game
Photobucket
Soccer player Carter
Photobucket
The climbing wall at the playground
Photobucket
Photobucket
Truman at the playground
Photobucket
Our babysitter
Photobucket

No comments: