Monday, May 26, 2008

How we spent our Memorial Day weekend

First off, in the last post I mentioned that Truman likes to draw. Well, I didn't think about his drawing tool...I really shouldn't give him markers just yet...
Photobucket

On Saturday morning, Walker and I attended a birthday party for a little boy from his class. We went to one of those indoor inflatable play places. He had an absolute blast. They are open certain hours during the week so we will have to go back one day. The hour and a half of jumping wore him out and he crashed hard and took a nap. That evening we went to my cousin's wedding party reception thingy here in town since they were married in Jamaica in Feb. Walker had a great time b/c they had a trampoline, Carter and I had a great time since they were boiling some tasty crab legs.

Sunday we were up bright and early to go to the lake. Walker has been talking for months about going fishing and this was our first chance to take him. He had a blast. He caught several fish.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My dad also put a fish down his life jacket. The pictures of those are on my dad's camera and will have to wait.
He enjoyed jet skiing with his daddy and really liked going fast.
Photobucket
Truman had a good time, too. We brought an inflatable boat and he hung out in that with some water in it on the dock.
Photobucket
and in the water
Photobucket
He kept us busy by climbing the stairs
Photobucket
and clapped when he reached the top.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The boys were exhausted by the time we left last night and Truman fell asleep on the way home. Walker, however, did not, and talked the entire 45 minute drive.

Today we decided to take it easy. We set up an inflatable pool and raft in the yard and made a water slide. The boys had a great time and I got to hang out and watch them. I even got to read an entire book!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is Walker practicing for his upcoming role as an Abercrombie and Fitch Catalog model. :-)
(edited by me: Photobucket won't let me post this photo b/c they think it is inappropriate. I do not and if you want to see it I will email it to you b/c it really is funny. There was no nudity involved he has in a swimsuit.)
Photobucket
That was tough work. Walker fell asleep outside and took a nice nap on a towel.
Photobucket
Photobucket
For lunch we went to Dreamland to have some ribs. Truman really liked them and we thought we might not get it away from him.
Photobucket

I hope you all had a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Such sweet pictures Michelle! Thank you for the sweet comments on the blog the other day!

Marie said...

What an awesome weekend. I love the artist you have in the making too.

Are you in Texas? We might be moving there -- just wondering. :)